ALTERNATE SIDE PARKING AND SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
"Winter Parking Ban"
Pursuant to the authority given by the vote of the Special Town Meeting, December 8, 1969, Article 20, accepting the provisions of General Laws, Chapter 40, Section 22D, as amended, notice is hereby given of the following regulations, adopted by the Town Manager:
(1) During the period beginning on December 1 and ending on April 1 of each year between the hours of 7 P.M. and 7 P.M. parking shall be allowed only on the odd-numbered side of any Town way on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered side of any Town way on even-numbered days. No vehicle shall be parked or left unattended except in accordance with this regulation.
Please view the Full Winter Parking Ban, including regulations and street listings, by downloading the document:
- Winter Parking Ban 2015
Explanation of Alternate Side Parking
Parking on odd-numbered side of Town way begins at 7:00 PM effective for that date.
Example: On Monday, December 1, 2014, all cars should be on the ODD side of the street beginning at 7:00 PM until 7:00 PM, Tuesday, December 2nd. At 7:00 PM on Tuesday, December 2, 2014, cars should be moved to the EVEN side of the street until 7:00 PM, Wednesday, Dec 3rd, etc.
REGULATIONS FOR ALL MUNICIPAL PARKING LOTS
Central Street, Larochelle Way, Elm Street, Chapin Street, Dresser Park Lots.
The Town of Southbridge has adopted the following Snow Removal Policy for Municipal Parking Lots:
Municipal parking lots will be CLOSED to all vehicles the night after a snowstorm to allow for snow removal between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
The Town will attempt to have the Foster Street Lot and the Town Hall Parking Lot cleared and available for overnight parking. Vehicles must be moved by 7:00 AM. Parking in these lots shall be on a first come, first served basis.
- Christmas Tree Removal
- General Permits
- Ongoing Projects
- Stormwater Information - Preventing Pollution
- Stormwater Information - EPA Website Link
- Stormwater Information - Sump Pump Informtion
- Street Sweeping Information
- Trash Removal
- Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Water Department
- Water and Sewer Rate Schedule
- Winter Parking Ban