Council on Aging
The mission of the Southbridge Council on Aging Board of Directors is to link needs with services and to promote wellness programs that educate and empower senior citizens to maintain their quality of life. An additional mission is to raise community consciousness concerning the services, programs, and activities that are offered at the Casaubon Senior Center, located at 153 Chestnut Street, Southbridge, MA.
Services Coordinated by the Council on Aging and Senior Center:
- Social Events and Classes
- Senior Pickleball 60+ Monday - Friday 9am-11am https://playtimescheduler.com/login.php Registration is mandatory.
- Exercise program w/Jenn Reynolds Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9am-10am (Except Nov. 1st, Charice filling in on Nov. 3rd)
- Chair Yoga w/Charice Kalis Tuesday, November 14 & 28 - 10am-11am
- Brain Games held Wednesday from 10am
- Scrabble held Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm
- Senior Bingo held Friday from 12:00 to 2:30pm (Card Sales start at 11:30am)
- Latino program held Tuesday and Thursday mornings, from 9 to Noon.
- Cribbage Mondays 1:00pm
- Pitch Tuesdays 1:00pm
- Special Events
- Movie Matinee Thursday, November 2nd at 1:00PM "Happiness for Beginners" a 2023 American romantic comedy film starring Ellie Kemper and Luke Grimes, an adaptation of the Katherine Center 2015 novel of the same name. Following a divorce, Helen (Kemper) books an Appalachian Trail survivalist course where she meets Jake (Grimes), a friend of her younger brother.
- Coffee & Conversation Presented by Southbridge Credit Union Monday, November 6th 10:00am w/new Town Manager Jack Jovan
- Flu Shots Tuesday, November 7th 9:00am-1:00PM - Vaccinations are covered by most insurance plans. No appointment necessary. Bring your insurance card with you. We have consent forms at the center for you to fill out.
- Senior Thanksgiving Luncheon Thursday, November 9th 12:00pm meal made by the Bay Path RVTHS Culinary Arts students $5.
- Fuel Assistance Open Enrollment with Worcester Community Action Council Monday, November 13th & Monday, December 11th 10:00am-3:00pm. You must schedule an appoint by going to the website and setting up an account. Portal - Customer Portal (toapply.org)
- Red Cross/Southbridge Fire Department Thursday, November 16 1:00pm Free Fire Extinguisher Program
- Holiday Visions Santa Parade Saturday, November 25th - We will be representing the Casaubon Senior Center this year with a few decorated vehicles. Parade starts at 5:00pm. Call Katie for further details if you would like to participate.
- $10 Senior Hair Cuts with Brittany Cox Tuesday, November 28th 9:00AM-2:00PM Appointments are limited, please call Katie to reserve yours 508-764-1469
- Festival of Giving Trees Set Up - Wednesday, November 29th 3:30ishhh. We will be heading down to La Salle Reception Center to decorate the tree we are donating this year, "I'll Be Gnome for Christmas." If you would like to help, please call Katie for further details.
- Arts & Crafts Thursday, December 14th 1:00pm Bemis Farms - Christmas Centerpiece Surprise. $10 spots are limited, and MUST be reserved by Monday, December 4th.
- Center will be closed on November 10, 23 & 24
- ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE UNLESS A FEE IS POSTED.
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME AGE 60+
Save the Date
- Monday, December 4th Coffee and Conversation 10:00am w/Green Meadows - Medicinal Marijuana
- Tuesday, December 12th Sheriff's Office "Not Just a Jail: How the Sheriff's Department Serves You" 10:00am
- Thursday, December 21st Christmas party 12:00pm
- Annual flu shots
- Assistance for Seniors with Medicare, Medicaid, and open enrollment Insurance issues
- SHINE services, including help with all health insurance questions, prescription drug plans, Social Security, Medicare and Mass Health