The Adopt-a-Park program allows community organizations, businesses, or individuals/families the opportunity to enhance our community by assisting with the maintenance and beautification of 1 or more of our town's parks or recreation facilities. The goal of the program is to increase community pride in our parks and facilities with beautification efforts, to reduce litter and the effects of vandalism, and to increase community promotion of these valuable resources.
- Commit for a minimum of 2 years of service to the adopted park and complete the Adopt-a-Park application and liability agreement (PDF).
- Organize a clean-up/improvement day at least once a month from April through October each year, providing a monthly update of adoption activities to the Recreation Department.
- Check for and report vandalism, broken equipment, or any facility concerns to the Recreation Director within 2 business days.
Clean-up days include the following eligible activities (which must be approved by Recreation Department):
- Landscaping (pulling weeds, planting flowers, watering or mulching)
- Pick up litter and debris and place in provided rubbish containers
- Repaint equipment and graffiti removal
- Sweep court surfaces, rake and level playground surface material
- Promote and market your park around town
- Your organization's ideas
What the Town of Southbridge Will Do for Sponsors
- Address in a reasonable manner reported findings from the sponsor
- Provide the requested signage in the adopted park displaying the sponsor's name
- Assist with project planning and scheduling
- Make available trash receptacles or bags, paint or other tools and supplies necessary to fulfill Adopt-a-Park responsibilities
What You Get for Your Adoption
- An official acknowledgment from the Town of Southbridge recognizing your stewardship and commitment to the community
- The authorization to install a sign in the park as a visual statement of your commitment to the community and your organization's efforts
- Priority in scheduling reservations of adopted facility
To participate, contact the Recreation Department.
List of Adoptable Parks and Facilities
- Walcott Street Playground
- Main Street Playground - Adopted by the Southbridge Rotary
- West Street Lower Fields and Playground
- West Street Tennis Courts and Playground
- Alva Gregoire Memorial Fields on West Street
- "The Rez" on High Street - Adopted by Friends of the Rez
- Morris Street Playground and Basketball Court -Adopted by Cub Scout Troop 140
- Morris Street Athletic Fields
- Ed McCann Softball Field
- Ed McCann Baseball Fields
- Ed McCann Handball Court - Adopted by the New England Handballers Association
- Ed McCann Basketball Court
- Ed McCann Playgrounds - Adopted by Bay Path Vocational High School
- Joe Capillo Park - Adopted by Planet Arin