Family and Medical Leve Act also known as FMLA provides up to 12 weeks of unpaid job-protected leave per year for employees in certain situations. For more information click on the Rights and Responsibilities image.
Reasons an employee can take FMLA
- Birth, adoption, or placement of a foster child.
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of their job.
- For any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that an employee's spouse, child or parent is on active military duty or call to covered active duty status.
- To care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness (employee's spouse, child, parent, or next of kin).
- To care for a spouse, son, daughter or parent with a serious health condition.
How to Apply