The Information Technology Department provides Town departments with technology solutions and support. The Department strives to provide timely support, and stable technology systems to address the needs of various Town departments so, they can in turn provide Town of Southbridge residents with vital services. We provide support to all municipal departments for many of the following:
- To enhance productivity for Town Departments.
- To provide technical support services to Town Departments.
- To provide leadership and technical solutions to business needs and functions.
- To provide leadership in purchasing hardware and software to maximize value.
- To enhance communication, collaboration, and the flow of information.
- To manage technology vendor relationships and contracts.
- To develop and implement beneficial information technology policies and procedures.
- To provide highly available systems.
- To provide access to new technologies.
- To provide a high level of cyber security and privacy.
- To provide disaster recovery, business continuity and data back-up services.
The IT Department along with working with vendors and contracts aims to provide “operational continuity” so that Southbridge residents experience consistent and reliable government services.