View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Thursday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm
How to Reach Us
The Town of Southbridge, with a population of approximately 17,000, has a diverse economy, including a number of advanced manufacturers, long-standing financial institutions, an award-winning hospital, as well as unique fine dining, and small retail establishments. The downtown provides for a pleasurable pedestrian experience, with its attractive streetscape and historic architecture -- much of it designated as a National Historic District.
The Economic Development & Planning Department assists, supports, and enhances the commercial, industrial, and downtown components of the Southbridge community. The staff's overarching goal is to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods by attracting desirable, appropriate development, and in turn, fostering a strong local economy.
- Secures and administers State and Federal grants, including Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and others.
- Provides staff for Planning Board, Conservation Commission, Redevelopment Authority, Economic Development Commission, and the Southbridge Business Partnership.
- Supports local businesses of all sizes and industries, and facilitates connections to business assistance resources and tools.
- Maintains current inventory of commercial and industrial sites/properties for sale or lease.
- Markets Town to outside businesses and realtors.