The Southbridge Historical Commission was established on March 19th, 1973 in accordance with Article  at the annual town meeting. It is comprised of a seven Member Board appointed by the Town Manager and confirmed by the Town Council.
Historical Commission Bylaws
3-210.2 Authority and Responsibility- The historical commission shall have such authority and responsibility as is provided to historical commissions Under Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40 , Section 8D
- The historical commission shall act for the preservation, promotion and development of the historical assets of the town.
- The commission shall conduct research into places of historic value and shall seek to coordinate the activities of unofficial bodies organized for similar purposes.
- The commission may acquire by gift, purchase or otherwise articles, artifacts, books, paintings and other materials of historic interest or value and shall provide a proper place for the storage and display of any such materials.
- The commission may advertise, prepare, print and distribute books, maps, charts, plans and pamphlets which it deems necessary for its work.
- For the purpose of protecting and preserving places of interest as it deems worthy, the commission may recommend to the town that such places be certified as an historical landmark.
|William Casey Jolin - term expires June 30, 2020||Acting Chair|
|Amanda Richards - term expires June 30, 2020||Secretary|
|Helen Lenti - term expires June 30, 2021||Treasurer|
|Helen Boyle - term expires June 30, 2022|
|Arthur F. Martin - term expires June 30, 2020|
|Linda Langevin-Zonia - term expires June 30, 2022|